MarENet seeks to strengthen the cooperation between maritime business and academia, designing and implementing a Northwest European Atlantic Maritime Network made up by training centres and industry.
Through this network will converge the needs of the maritime market and maritime curricula, whilst enhancing the visibility and opportunities of blue economy and therefore, attractiveness of blue careers.
MarENet project is based on transnational collaborations across the Atlantic frontage, linking three main countries –Ireland, France and Spain– that have a historical socio-economic development based on marine resources, and are leaders in key European maritime sectors, such as maritime transport, tourism, shipbuilding or port operations.
The specific objectives expected to achieve are:
- Create an operative instrument founded by an specialized technical unit of representatives of the training and labour markets to manage the initiatives of the project
- Develop structured collaboration networks between industry and education in the maritime port environment of the NW Atlantic sea basin
- Strength the cooperation among training centres and labour market to solve specific skill demands in the maritime port environment of the NW Atlantic sea basin
- Solve specific skill demands of the port environment market needs in the maritime port environment of the NW Atlantic sea basin
- Develop proposals and training improvements to meet specific gaps of the NW Atlantic port environment market
- Promote the exchange of both human and technological capital in the Atlantic basin
- Develop innovative training programs to boost entrepreneurial skills, promoting profiles with high adaptability, enhancing skills both at the social and technical domains
- Develop the entrepreneurial potential of young graduates
- Implement a digital network of Blue Careers
- Enhance the visibility of the different career opportunities at the port environment
Project title: Atlantic Maritime Ecosystem Network
Project duration: November 2019 – October 2021
Project acronym: MarENet
Call ID: EASME/EMFF-2018-220.127.116.11- Blue Careers in Europe